Tuesday 5 June 2012

A collection of 'things'

In a recent tutorial, my group were asked to display a collection of objects and images that we had kept for known or unknown reasons. The display was an attempt to explain our interests and to create links between them. As I like to to surround myself with a hybrid of 'things' my collection was split into a few categories, creating my own mini Wunderkammer. The largest category that emerged highlighted my interest in several 'tions'...distortion, fragmentation, transformation, reflection, transition, representation, appropriation. It also emphasised my interest in the movement of the body and the relation it has to the space around it.


A few of the pieces from my collection



From left to right: Handmade 'emu' acetate earrings, photo taken of the River Derwent- peak District, Eadward Muybridge holographic postcard, hologram pendant, coloured glass, burnt silver inkjet paper, John Stezaker 'Pair IV' collage 2007.

Disintegrating leaf and wire jump rings made from tin strips
Illustration by Marcos Chin 'Textile' and red rubber bands


No comments:

Post a Comment